Control panels allow you to manage your websites effectively. Two such powerful control panels are CyberPanel vs cPanel. So, lets compare CyberPanel vs cPanel for their features and pricing in-depth.
The LAMP stack is ready to serve your web applications with one command. Here is how CyberPanel compares to cPanel.
When you are new to site development or management, you will sooner or later learn that some variation of the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) is mandatory in order to run your site.
There are other web servers like OpenLiteSpeed that can replace Apache, and Python can be used instead of PHP.
The LAMP stack is complemented by many other features offered by control panels like cPanel and CyberPanel, and these features can be beneficial in many ways.
Detailed Comparison – CyberPanel vs. cPanel
cPanel & WHM has been the web hosting industry’s most reliable, intuitive control panel since 1997 thanks to its first-class support and rich feature set. Based on OpenLiteSpeed, CyberPanel is a web hosting control panel.
You should know more about both of these options than this, however. In order to choose the best one for yourself, you should consider the following parameters.
Feature Comparison Between CyberPanel vs cPanel
- Deploying WordPress on the cloud is simple with one-click staging, automatic updates, and data transfer.
- CyberPanel automatically configures LSCache – the most powerful WordPress Cache plugin available – with all WordPress sites deployed.
- Using GIT webhooks, deploy code updates directly from your repositories (GitHub and GitLab) to your CyberPanel websites.
- ModSecurity built-in support for real-time protection against web application attacks, with the option to enable OWASP rules.
- Online properties must now use SSL. CyberPanel offers free Let’s Encrypt SSL for websites, child domains and hostnames!
- Using the one-click app installer in CyberPanel, you can install WordPress (with LSCache), Joomla, and PrestaShop with ease.
- To manage your files, you can use the File Manager. Files can be uploaded, created, removed, and edited without the need for FTP.
- Images can be managed by using the interface. Besides viewing and resizing images, you can also convert image file types using this feature.
- Access your FTP directory without a password by using the Anonymous FTP interface. Security risks may result from this feature. View your account’s available space using the Disk Usage interface. It can help you with managing your disk space.
Considering the features of CyberPanel vs cPanel, both offer advanced features but CyberPanel free plan has limitations. So, cPanel is a winner.
Pricing Comparison between CyberPanel vs cPanel
If you choose CyberPanel, you can get started for free. With CyberPanel, you get:
- Unlimited Domains
- A limitless number of subdomains
- Databases that are unlimited
- Several PHPs
- The Let’s Encrypt SSL project
- The LSCache plugin for WordPress
- Support for Communities
- This server runs on OpenLiteSpeed
Later on, CyberPanel Cloud Pricing is $30.00/month for the starter pack and $60.00/month for the professional package. There is also a $100 monthly fee for the business package.
You can also sign up for the Enterprise Plan for free. Once you upgrade to the Site Owner plan, which starts at $11 per month, you will receive even more features. You can then upgrade to the Site Owner Plus plan if you feel you have more requirements. Another six plans are available, with the highest costing $97/month for Web Host Elite.
The $15 monthly cPanel Hosting Starter plan gives you ownership of one account. You will pay about $48.50 a month for the Premier Plan, which is the most expensive.
cPanel’s pricing structure is relatively straightforward to understand. You can rely on cPanel for its transparent pricing structure.
If we consider pricing between CyberPanel vs cPanel, then cPanel is cheaper than CyberPanel cloud. So, cPanel is a clear winner.
Pros And Cons Of CyberPanel vs cPanel
Pros and Cons of cPanel
- Here are the reasons why you should or should not choose cPanel. The cPanel interface categorizes various features under manageable modules, making it easy to find them.
- For easy navigation, the cPanel dashboard also features intuitive menus and graphics. The cPanel control panel is available in several web browsers, including Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox.
- The cPanel control panel contains many third-party applications, including SEO tools and site builders. cPanel allows users to perform complex tasks such as setting up subdomains and FTP accounts, managing MySQL databases, and generating site backups without requiring advanced technical knowledge.
- The two-factor authentication (2FA) method used by cPanel is vulnerable to brute force attacks, according to research. Keep your cPanel version updated to prevent this.
- Compared to its competitors, cPanel has the highest license cost. Therefore, a cPanel hosting plan is cheaper if you only manage a website since the web host lends you the cPanel license.
Pros and Cons of CyberPanel
- CyberPanel offers great performance and many features for free. However, it has a number of bugs, its usability could be improved, and it has limited support.
- It is a powerful panel with many options, especially for advanced users. WordPress sites will load much faster with CyberPanel.
- It is not as easy to manage WordPress sites as on other panels, and support is limited to forums and slack.
- CyberPanel offers a number of features, including email hosting and LiteSpeed support, which are some of its greatest advantages. Good performance is assured with a low server load.
- In addition to creating custom packages, client logins and limiting the CPU, Disk and Memory usage of an application, CyberPanel is a great alternative to other platforms.
- It can be beneficial for setting up a hosting business if you need email hosting, client logins, and custom packages.
- Despite this, users report difficulties setting up CyberPanel and that it is frequently broken. Some users aren’t happy with the support and it’s very expensive.
FAQs on CyberPanel vs cPanel
What is CyberPanel?
CyberPanel is a free and open-source control panel with LiteSpeed Cache. It is the best free and paid control panel with one-click script installations and SSL activation.
Is CyberPanel secure?
CyberPanel offers one-click SSL activation that helps you secure your website easily.
What can I use instead of cPanel?
CyberPanel is the best alternative to cPanel as it is free and powered by LiteSpeed Cache.
Can you get cPanel for free?
No, there is no free plan offered by cPanel. But when you choose a shared hosting, most shared hosting providers offer cPanel for free. If you want cPanel for VPS hosting plan, then you need to purchase the plan starting at $15/month.
cPanel seems to be more popular based on our record. Since March 2021, it has been mentioned one time. Reddit, HackerNews, and some other platforms are tracked for product recommendations. They can help you determine which product is more popular and what people think about it.
CyberPanel is, however, a great hosting platform for WordPress. This is only if you don’t mind managing CyberPanel installations separately on (multiple) servers. Also, if you don’t mind owning and managing servers at all.
So which one amongst CyberPanel vs cPanel is your favorite choice?
Between CyberPanel vs cPanel, I would suggest you all to use CyberPanel for its easy to use design and pricing.