With a plethora of partner marketing software with varied pricing and features available, it is difficult to choose one. The PRM or partner marketing software you use should help you save time and simply track your business relationships.
So, we give you our top picks for the best partnership relationship management software.
What is Partnership Relationship Management?
Partnership relationship management (PRM) is a collection of tools and practices used by startups to establish productive business connections with individuals with whom they work on branding and/or selling their products and/or services.
PRM (partnership relationship management) can range from simple monitoring methods for co-marketing partnerships to complex data and software administration systems.
Partner efforts can occur in a variety of ways and serve a variety of reasons, based on the type of startup you are developing and your goals for partnering with specific other corporate entities.
10 Best Partner Marketing Software in 2022
A solution of enterprise-class for managing, optimizing, and accelerating every area of your channel, including partner recruitment, cooperative marketing and sales, and partner performance management.
Best for B2B startups with indirect sales channels.
- Pricing for Impartner PRM begins at $2000.00 per feature/per month.
Key Criteria Evaluation:
- Integrations: If you don’t have a CRM, Impartner’s PRM may have enough power to take on that role for your channel if you don’t have a Salesforce account.
- Functionalities: Automate repetitive tasks in your channels and throw away the spreadsheet. Customized partner experience and easy-to-use interface. Content can be updated with a few clicks, not a line of code.
- Onboarding process: Speed up partner onboarding with automated processes for faster paths to revenue.
- Partnership approaches: Reward partner performance by directing the best leads to your best partners; determine what works and what doesn’t across all your indirect sales channels with the same insight you have for direct sales.
- Simple to use
- A pleasure to work with the team
- Continually improving its systems to bring new and innovative features
- A little clunky at times
- They do not offer a free version
- There is no free trial for Impartner PRM
With Salesforce PRM, personalize every touchpoint and drive channel sales.
Best for Salesforce’s multitenant cloud computing model serves startups of all sizes.
Today, Sales Cloud PRM can be obtained with the Partner Community Cloud License for $25 a month per member.
Evaluation of Key Criteria:
- Integrations: Integrate Google Analytics and analyze new and repeat visits, page views, and search activities to gain insight into how your partners use your partner portal. As the Cloud PRM is developed on top of Salesforce, it is compatible with other Salesforce products.
- Functionalities: Partners can enroll prospects in dispersed marketing initiatives, customize email communications, and monitor results.
- Onboarding process: Create role-specific activities and deadlines for each partner program and level to guide partners through the onboarding process. With a Lightning Component, you can track progress and suggest next actions.
- Partnership approaches: Provide incentives to partners, whether they are MDFs or cooperatives, and automate time-consuming procedures like as fund requests, approvals, claims, and partner signatures.
- There is a good design for all functionalities.
- Reports can be customized.
- A more detailed configuration is required for integration with partner applications.
- Report creation isn’t very intuitive.
The leading SaaS partner platform. A centralized location for partner management.
Best for: Startups and mid-market companies in B2B SaaS with referral, affiliate, and other channel management requirements, such as resellers and ambassadors.
Vendors do not provide pricing information. However, there are three levels of pricing:
- Essentials – An all-in-one package for launching your first program
- Growth – Integrate the CRM with complete deal management
- Enterprise – Extensible scalability and custom integrations
Evaluation of Key Criteria:
- Integrations: More than 30 preset integrations, such as Salesforce, Stripe, HubSpot, and others.
- Functionalities: Manages recruitment and applications, resource management, referral tracking, and, crucially, referral payment. You can track deals and leads inside PartnerStack as well as partner links.
- Onboarding process: Create customized forms and emails for partner onboarding.
- Partnership approaches: Develop unique reward structures and content for partner groups. Integrate partner marketing assets into your partners’ dashboards.
- Referrals and payouts can be managed very easily with this tool.
- Customer success management is excellent.
Lack of direct CRM integration.
The leading PRM solution for startups is Channeltivity.
Best for: Tech startups of all sizes who wish to manage lead generation, reporting, partner analysis, and social sharing through the Salesforce & Hubspot integration.
- Standard Edition: $1399/mo
- HubSpot Edition: $1699/mo
- Salesforce Edition: $1699/mo
Evaluation of Key Criteria:
- Integrations: Integrations with Salesforce and HubSpot are available.
- Functionalities: All the tools you need to engage your learners: resource libraries, reminders and email notifications, discussions, and more.
- Onboarding process: Manage the entire partner program in one place, from partner profile creation to partner recruitment and enablement.
- Partnership approaches: Streamline the referral process. Track commissions, payments, and sales. Easily create cobranded marketing materials on demand.
- Install, set up, and use easily.
- Technical support is excellent
- Partners may not receive the training they expect.
- Compared to alternatives, it has limited functionality.
Partner managers and partners can collaborate here.
Best for: Startups that are looking to build or expand indirect distribution channels, including resellers, distributors, value-added resellers, agents, dealers, OEMs, independent software vendors, system integrators, franchisees, brokers, or retailers.
The vendor does not provide pricing details. There are three levels of pricing:
You need to request for pricing of each plan by contacting the sales team.
Key Criteria for Evaluation:
- Integrations: HubSpot, Salesforce, Zoho, SugarCRM, and Pipedrive are available in all three plans.
- Functionalities: A partner relationship management solution that integrates intuitive design with industry-leading benefits encompassing partner onboarding, partner enablement, marketing collaboration, and deal registration.
- Onboarding process: Streamline onboarding and training for successful ramp-up. Give partners the tools they need throughout their partner life cycle.
- Partnership approaches: Go-to-market assets co-branded with partners. Increase market awareness and qualify leads through an MDF program. Reduce channel conflict by formalizing the deal registration process.
- Content creation is easy.
- The customer service team/account managers are very attentive and responsive.
The lack of cloning capabilities, reordering options, and advanced user visibility features (e.g., only allowing X users to see a certain module of content on a page).
ZiftONE makes staying engaged with your brands easy – even enjoyable – for your partners through highly customizable, intuitive admin dashboards.
Best for: Zift Solutions is best suited to established vendors that rely heavily on channel partners, as well as startups in multiple industries who are interested in scaling quickly through the channel.
Not provided by the vendor.
Evaluation of Key Criteria:
- Integrations include:
- Analytics Packages: Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics
- Software Platforms for Customer Relationship Management (CRM) & Sales Force Automation (SFA): Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, SageCRM, SugarCRM, SalesLink, and Zoho CRM.
- Incentive Management Platforms: Ansira and The Planet Group
- Marketing Automation Platforms: HubSpot, Oracle Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot
- Partner Relationship Management (PRM) Platforms: SAP PRM, Salesforce PRM
- Systems for Professional Services Automation (PSAs): AutoTask, ConnectWise
- Social Media Platforms & Schedulers: Facebook, Hootsuite, HubSpot, Twitter, WeChat, LinkedIn
- Functionalities: Zift lets you create an attractive, mobile-friendly partner portal.
- Onboarding process: Provide partners with a smooth onboarding experience.
- Partnership approaches: By tracking partner roles (for example, the technical, sales, and support teams), you can gain a deeper understanding of partner accounts. Based on a partner’s role or segment, design unique partner portal experiences.
- Easy-to-use automated co-branding
- Pre-packaged campaigns are brilliant
Logging into the platform can be difficult at times.
You will be able to collaborate with your B2B partners on a single platform for the first time. Expand your revenue stream and engage your partners.
Best for: Startups in the B2B SaaS space
No pricing information is provided by the vendor. However, the subscription fees for the service are dependent on the Purchase Order-specified Use Limit of the Customer. Both payment obligations and fees are non-cancellable and non-refundable.
Evaluation of Key Criteria:
- Integrations: Available.
- Functionalities: Automate routines, tasks, and updates, reducing management time for your partners in seconds, not weeks.
- Onboarding process: In a dedicated collaboration hub, you can sync with each partner. Stay up-to-date on new deals, documents, and tasks.
- Partnership approaches: Analyze the performance of your partner program, pipeline, engagement, and more. Increase channel and partnership growth.
Understand how each of the partners is performing, as well as the pipeline as a whole.
There are very few details about the product on the website.
Partner onboarding, lead sharing, opportunity management, and deal closing.
Best for: Startups needing a portal to compliment their channel partner program or offer customers a self-service portal. Integrate with Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, or HubSpot.
- Free – nothing
- Elite – Starting at $1,499 a month
- Non-profit organizations are eligible for discounts.
Evaluation of Key Criteria
- Integrations: Salesforce, HubSpot, Microsoft Dynamics, Formstack, Adobe Sign, etc.
- Functionalities: Administrators benefit from familiar CRM-like interfaces and drag & drop functionality. In order to achieve success with channel partners, startups need to build easy-to-use experiences for different groups of users.
- Onboarding process: Provide easy signup for new partners and employees of your partners to save time and remove barriers to your channel. Activation can be automated with self-registration or controlled with a custom approval process. Your own terms and conditions should be included for partner acceptance. Use Adobe Sign for electronic signatures.
- Partnership approaches: Easily assign courses to partners with complete user management. Identify skills gaps that need to be filled by tracking many of the metrics you require.
The software offers a lot of flexibility.
It’s hard to navigate the administrator portal.
Partner cross-selling is enabled through Crossbeam without exposing private information.
Best for Crossbeam is used by startups who want to map their accounts intelligently without leaving their CRM.
- Free– $0 forever
- Paid – Get a quote customized according to your requirements
Evaluation of Key Criteria
- Integrations: HubSpot, Salesforce, Snowflake, etc.
- Functionalities: Crossbeam can automatically sync data on clients and prospects from most common record-keeping systems – including CRMs, Google Sheets, data warehouses, and CSV files.
- Onboarding process: Identify the total addressable market of your partnership, collaborate with partners to target shared prospects and customers, and measure the effectiveness of your collaboration on sales over time.
- Partnership approaches: Develop an ecosystem of data-driven tech partners with Crossbeam. Measure success, scale, and drive revenue.
No messy spreadsheets to share with partners.
Partners might have concerns that Crossbeam is not a trusted third party.
Promoting relevant products and services to your audience will lead to long-term, profitable partnerships.
Best for: Anyone who sells products online and wants to increase sales and reach should check out ShareASale.
$550 is the merchant setup charge. Shareasale additionally asks a minimum deposit of $100 in addition to the entry cost. This deposit is deposited immediately into your account and is used to compensate affiliates for sales and other identified qualified leads.
Evaluation of Key Criteria:
- Integrations: WooCommerce, Shopify, etc.
- Functionalities: Partnered with some of the industry’s top affiliates and offers startups the tools they need to connect and drive sales.
- Onboarding process: Set up a custom page so that publishers can join the merchant program in a matter of seconds. Target affiliates based on their niches, relevance, and performance, both in and out of the network, to grow your partner base.
- Partnership approaches: Creating targeted, specialized activation campaigns is an excellent strategy. With tags, you can fetch reports, send newsletters, offer special commissions, and even upload creatives that are only available to specific affiliates.
- Easy to set up
- Used by the top brands in every industry
- The target customer base may consider it expensive
- Tracking is a little unclear
What should you look for when choosing vendors in this space?
There are a number of aspects that might affect your decision when it comes to selecting the finest PRM application for your startup; therefore, it is always essential to carefully evaluate your startup’s specific requirements, appropriately prioritize those needs, and explore your options.
You should take into account several factors when selecting partnership relationship management software, including:
- Business sector
- Financial plan
- Onboarding process
If building a seamless interface and simplifying the user experience between both technologies (i.e., the CRM and PRM) is a priority for your startup, for instance, adopting Salesforce’s PRM software may be advantageous.
However, the SaaS industry is distinct in a number of ways, and as a startup, you may seek a PRM software platform with a solid market reputation. Fortunately, in the SaaS PRM market, there are numerous large providers with solid client profiles. Choosing PRM software is unquestionably a major choice – a bet that should not be taken lightly.
With the appropriate decisions, you will be able to narrow down your options to a handful of vendors who best meet your needs. Then, contact your top choices to arrange a demo or trial version of the application so you can see it in action.
Utilize this opportunity to clear up any confusion and gather all the information you need to make an informed decision and choose the finest customer relationship management software for your startup.
Partner marketing software, often known as partner management software, offers organizations tools for tracking sales partners and affiliates and enables them to engage with and receive assistance from those partners.
Through partner management software, each partner gets their own private site to access documents, campaign materials, market development funding, opportunities, and deals.
Partner marketing is too valuable for companies to disregard. This is by no means a solution for all problems.
However, partner marketing automation software may help you achieve faster growth, increase your visibility, join a new industry, produce innovative goods, and expand your customer base.
Partner marketing can take a variety of forms, and it is essential to select the one that is most suitable for your company. Ensure that you convey the terms and conditions to partners in advance and provide them with the necessary resources and support. The benefit of a successful relationship will save you time and effort, and success will inevitably follow.