Finding the best web hosting for developers isn’t difficult but not also easy. It is because most of the web hosts try to attract a large audience and only few focus on developer cloud hosting services.
Sometimes you will find bundled features but as a developer you might need something else. Lack of developer-friendly tools and services is a major problem faced by developers.
When choosing a developer cloud hosting, you need a good understanding of its features. I have tested many web hosting for developers and with all my experience I will save your time.
I as a developer came across various web hosting for developers. So, today in this post, I am sharing some of the finest web hosting for developers.
What to Consider Before buying a Web Hosting for Developers
Whenever I choose cloud hosting, there are some factors in my mind that I always consider. To make sure, you don’t fall prey to any random web hosting, I am sharing these factors.
Speed & Reliability
Many web hosting companies promise 100% uptime guarantee but fail to deliver. Since I have tested some of the developer cloud hosting services, you can trust them. These cloud web hosting providers not just say it by words, but deliver 100% uptime in real-time. With 100% uptime, you can totally rely on these web hosting for developers.
Security is a big concern for developers around the world. With Cloud hosting, you get security features to make sure you have a peaceful sleep. With SSL and DDoS protection, your site remains safe from vulnerabilities.
Cloud hosting provides flexibility in choosing the server resources as you want. You can pay for the resources you use without any additional costs incurred at the last moment. Pricing is per hour or month, so you can scale the resources at any point of time. This helps you choose the right resources depending upon the traffic on your site. You can upgrade or downgrade the resources like RAM, CPU or bandwidth.
Some web hosting requires manual installation of frameworks using SSH. While there are other web hosting providers that come pre-configured to save your time.
An award-winning and user-friendly support is what you should look for in any web hosting. You might face technical issues and a good support is what should resolve your problem instantly. Whether you are in half-way troubleshooting or something out of your mind, a support helps you get through it.
List of Best Cloud Web Hosting For Developers
Kamatera cloud hosting services is the best web hosting for developers looking for cloud solutions. Irrespective of the high prices, it is still the best cloud hosting choice for me.
Reasons to Choose Kamatera Services:
- With no upfront cost, high uptime, zero maintenance, and 24/7 technical support, it is undoubtedly the best.
- The data centers are located around the world. This includes America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Pay hourly or monthly only for the resources you use. If you are not satisfied, you can cancel the resources any time.
- There are numerous cloud services offered such as servers, block storage, load balancer, etc. You can even choose Managed cloud services if you want your server to be ready in minutes. Managed cloud comes pre-configured with frameworks and one-click app installation.
Cloud Servers: Starting at $.005/hour or $4/month
UpCloud is my other favorite developer-friendly cloud hosting. As a matter of fact, I have used it for a long time and am still hosting some of my sites on it.
Reasons to Choose UpCloud Services:
- Getting along with UpCloud is effortless with its enterprise-grade cloud platform. Its MaxIOPS storage makes it the fastest cloud storage service provider. The site performance gets increased 2x when compared to traditional storage or even SSDs.
- For developers, UpCloud is the best flexible cloud hosting with a self-service platform. You can deploy servers and manage applications at no upfront costs.
- With N+1 redundancy, and 100% uptime SLA, UpCloud is definitely the hosting to look out for. The plans are affordable, scalable and with flexibility, this cloud infrastructure makes developers happy.
- When it comes to support, it takes less than 2 minutes to reach out to them. Trust me, I have tried and got the response immediately.
Cloud Servers: Starting at $5/month or $0.007/h with 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU, 25 GB storage, and 1 TB transfer.
If you are looking for SSD VPS servers, then Vultr adds high performance to your site. I would recommend Vultr if your budget is low. This is because the Vultr plans start at a lower price compared to its competitors.
Reasons to Choose Vultr Services:
- Even if the prices are low, there is no compromise on the server storage. It doesn’t matter where your site visitors are located. Your site is accessible to visitors globally with global data centers in over 19 locations worldwide.
- One-click deploy helps you choose the datacenter you want and get going within a minute. Simply choose the server location, server type, size, and you are good to go.
- Automation in your system can be done easily using powerful API. You can spend more time coding and stop wasting time in server management.
- An intuitive server management panel helps you manage your tasks easily. You can order & manage servers, and take backups in a few clicks.
- One-click apps like cPanel, WordPress, Docker, Drupal, and more to save your time.
SSD Cloud Instances: Starting at $2.50/month with 10GB SSD, 1 CPU, 512MB RAM, and 0.5TB bandwidth.
Linode is trusted by developers around the world and is therefore a top choice as cloud computing. You can try Linode simple and affordable cloud solutions and services for free.
Reasons to Choose Linode Services:
- With Linode’s powerful API and user-friendly interface, you can deploy cloud servers in no time.
- Although the prices are high, but comes with free support, transfer, DDoS protection, etc. When you compare the prices with AWS and Azure, you can get half the price.
- Over 11 data centers, and 99.9% uptime SLA, you sure are in the right hands. With pay as you go pricing, you can calculate the pricing depending upon the resources you choose.
- The dashboard is intuitive and makes it super-easy and fun to launch servers.
Dedicated CPU Plans: Starting at $30/month with 4 GB RAM, 2 CPUs, 80 GB storage, 4 TB bandwidth, 40 Gbps Network In, and 4 Gbps Network Out.
Shared CPU Plans: Starting at $5/month with 1 GB RAM, 1 CPUs, 25 GB SSD storage, 1 TB bandwidth, 40 Gbps Network In, and 1 Gbps Network Out.
DigitalOcean is a cloud computing service provider with predictable pricing and scalable features. Some of the big industry brands like Parabol, Cloudways, HashiCorp, etc. trust DO.
Reasons to Choose DigitalOcean Services:
- Instead of spending time on customizing the infrastructure you can spend time on your business. This is possible with DigitalOcean’s simple and intuitive UI, CLI, and API.
- You can scale your resources anytime and keep an eye on the predictable pricing structure. No matter what resources you choose, your site is guaranteed 99.9% uptime SLA with 14 data global data centers.
- Even though the prices are low compared to other cloud providers, performance is still high. DO monthly pricing helps you save your money and keep an eye on your bills.
Droplets: Starting at $5/month with 1 GB RAM, 1 Intel CPU, 25 GB NVMe SSDs, and 1000 GB bandwidth.
Amazon Web Services provides Compute to handle traffic requests of any large amount. The AWS cloud platform is used by millions around the world with huge workloads.
Reasons to Choose Amazon Web Services:
- This reliable and secure platform has helped millions of organizations lower the infrastructure costs.
- There are no long-term contracts, so you pay for the instances you use with no additional costs. To optimize the costs, AWS offers automated recommendations to help improve price performance.
- You can use the same APIs to run containers using Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) Anywhere and Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) Anywhere.
- AWS has been named Magic Quadrant Leader for Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services for the consecutive 11th year.
Amazon EC2 On-Demand Pricing:
A1.medium starting at $0.0255/hour, 1 vCPU, 2 GB RAM, EBS storage, and up to 10 Gbit performance.
Google Cloud helps you build apps faster and smarter. Leading companies around the world trust GCP. This includes companies like L&T, Wipro, Hero, Cleartrip, HDFC Bank, and many more.
Reasons to Choose Google Cloud Platform:
- Nothing beats GCP with over 29 cloud regions, 88 zones, 146 network edge locations, and 200+ countries & territories.
- Whether VMware, SAP, or Oracle, you can run different workloads on GCP with modernized infrastructure.
- GCP offers high security, reliability and availability to manage and migrate your data services. Its smart analytics system gives you actionable insights regarding website performance.
- By connecting APIs, you can securely automate complex processes and create applications without writing a line of code.
Get started for free with $300 free credits and test 20+ products for free.
Azure is a Microsoft Cloud platform with free $200 credit on sign up. Create a free Azure account, and enjoy the limitless technologies at Microsoft Ignite.
Reasons to Choose Azure Cloud Services:
- All your ideas can be put into one place with Azure Cloud incredible services. The platform allows you to deploy a server in seconds and run applications at incredible speed.
- Optimize your cloud costs with auto-scaling and improve site performance. Insightful dashboard helps you monitor site health in real-time with instant notifications.
- In minutes, you can deploy web apps and connect with people around the world. Azure cloud services keep your cloud instances healthy and ensure they run smoothly.
- No worries about server down-time as your application is backed by 99.95% uptime SLA. When it comes to security, Microsoft spends USD 1 billion with over 3500 security experts.
- Microsoft ensures your data privacy to be the highest concern and never compromise on Cyber security.
For smaller and medium websites/applications, Azure provides General Purpose cloud services.
A0: Starting at $0.02/hour with 1 Core, 0.75 GB RAM, and 20 GB storage.
FAQs on Web Hosting For Developers
Which cloud web hosting is best for developers?
If you are looking for the best hosting for developers, then Kamatera is a perfect choice. The next best alternative to Kamatera is UpCloud, loved by developers all over the world.
What makes AWS better than Azure?
Azure pricing is not as flexible as AWS. This is because the more usage you need the less you pay with AWS pay-as-you-go model.
Which are the best AWS competitors?
Google Cloud, Azure, IBM, and Alibaba Cloud are the best competitors to AWS.
How much do you have to pay for Developer Cloud hosting?
The minimum price that you have to pay for a cloud web hosting service starts at $5/month with 1 GB RAM and 25 GB SSD. The more resources you use, the more would be the cost.
Conclusion: Which Cloud Hosting for Developers is the best ?
If you consider cost, then UpCloud is the best web hosting for developers and I have tested it on my sites. So, you can rely on UpCloud for its affordability and flexibility.
If you want to consider advanced features, then Kamatera is what I would say is a better choice. Choose a web hosting that offers both advanced features as well simplicity in pricing.
I hope these web hosting for developers list was helpful in choosing the right hosting.